This page explains how we look after your personal information, and what we do with it. Better Births Antenatal Classes are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data, and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Better Births Antenatal Classes of 3 Rydal Close, Holders Hill Road, London, NW4 1LE.
Protecting your privacy
Better Births Antenatal Classes is committed to protecting your privacy on our website. We have a legal duty under the Data Protection Act (1998) to prevent your information falling into the wrong hands. We must also ensure that the data we hold is accurate, adequate, relevant and not excessive.
Whenever we collect information from you, we will make it clear which information is required in order to provide you with the service or goods you need. You do not have to provide us with any additional details unless you choose to. We store your information securely on our computer system, we carefully restrict access to those who have a need to know.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.betterbirthsanc.com. This includes information provided at the time of subscribing to our service, posting material to the site, requesting further services, or report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- IP addresses.
- We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Where we store your personal data
Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
What we do with your information
Our services and support are provided locally by our instructors. We will only pass your contact details to your instructor, so they can let you know what activities are available in your area. If you have signed up to a class or other service we may also pass your details to the specialist worker providing that service.
We may also like to contact you in future to tell you about other services we provide, via email, post, SMS, or telephone. You have the right to ask us not to contact you in this way. You can contact us directly at to tell us not to send you any further information or marketing material.
Very occasionally we carry out a joint mailing with carefully selected other organisations, in order to tell you about products and services we think you might be interested in. Again, you have the right to opt out of this.
We never sell data. We do not pass on data to other organisations unless required by law or with your specific permission.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to advertisers.
Disclosure of your information
Better Births Antenatal Classes respects your right to privacy and will protect the general information which you have provided as part of your application to attend any of our courses. We will not share your information with 3rd parties. Better Births Antenatal Classes will protect your data from misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure and alteration to the best of its ability.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own Privacy Policies, and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Data Protection Act (1998) gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.